Thursday, November 13, 2014

Well, this sucks...

The doc called today with my results.  The good news is that I got my 50% benign results back, at least for one visit.  The biopsy at my original site revealed old scar tissue that healed "weird" and no signs of any mutating cells or the monster.  Whew.  The good news.

And now the bad, the site on my thigh.  Not so lucky there.  Again, this biopsy revealed a dysplastic nevi, yada, yada, yada.... that requires a second, more invasive procedure to make sure the monster is not lurking deeper within.  So, I go back in about 2 weeks to get a good chunk of my leg cut out.  Oh joy.  Yes, I'm being snarky and immature and I'm ok with that right now.  I would go sooner but I start a new job on Monday and asking for time off the first week doesn't work for me.  The week after is Thanksgiving and the doc is booked or out, so the following week it is.  Although I go just before Thanksgiving to get my stitches out on my back but that's a RN visit that will take maybe 5 minutes.  If I could reach the area, I'd take them out myself but I won't.  And because the swelling is pretty impressive.  A lesson in messing with old scars.

So, I poured myself a nice glass of wine when I got home.  I'll be over my temper tantrum soon.  I always allow myself to be human and grieve my lot in life in this battle and then I move on and keeping fighting the good fight.  Because I STILL refuse to give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment