Sunday, October 12, 2014

When people know you are a survivor....

There are good things and bad things about being a melanoma survivor.  This goes for people knowing as well.  Today, I'm sticking with the good because of what happened at the soccer field yesterday.

I, obviously, try to avoid the sun as much as I can.  Yes, I wear sunscreen all the time.  I carry a shade chair with me to every game.  But, sometimes, I am going to be out in the sun for a while.  I'm not willing to avoid it or let it control my life.  At a soccer game, I had a mom offer to move her shade umbrella so that I could stand under it.  She knows I'm a survivor.  I was touched that she offered but even more touched about what happened afterwards.  She gave me no grief about declining and didn't make any "attempt to be funny" comments about being in the sun.  It was a simple offer and a wonderful response to me.

It may sound simple but she is the good side of being a survivor.  She offered me shade which she knows I always seek out but never questioned my refusal to take it.  I can't count the number of times I've had people say, "YOU should be out of the sun" or "You REALLY don't want shade?"  And so on and on and on questioning my status and or my decision making.  Trust me people, I can tell you the UVA/UVB rating on my windows and for the daily weather. I know how to take care of myself.

The positive side of being a survivor is having people around you who look out for you without being over-bearing about it or questioning your ability to stay a survivor.  And yes, sometimes (ok, often) I do accept their offer of shade and say thank you without lecturing.

2 comments:

  1. All thanks to Doctor James herbal mix medicine for using his herbal medicine to cure my MELANOMA DISEASE I suffered for years and it almost circulated all over my body and I seek for natural treatment. I found on the internet that Dr James uses his herbal medicine to cure many people from the virus and I contacted him on his Email [drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com]. And he said he is going to help me ,after 2 days of reaching him.he prepared his herbal soap and medicine and sent to me,and I used the medicine as he told me for 15 days,my skin cancer was cued and disappeared just as he told me it will after the use of his medicine which i never doubted him . At least his treatment cured me completely from melanoma disease. Hopefully it will be helpful for you as it happened with me. Dr. James herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. I'm sharing my testimony to reach out to anyone suffering from this horrible skin virus should contact. or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes,cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic cancers, bladder cancer,skin cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Autism,Lung disease. Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis. Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis ,Tach Diseases,Lupus,
    Dementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN /.CONTACT EMAIL : drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com   

    ReplyDelete
  2. But Dr. Itua, Traditional Herbal Practitioner in Africa, has cured HIV which is extracted from some rare herbs. It is highly potential to cure AIDS 100% without any residue. Dr Itua herbal medicine has already passed various blogs on how he uses his powerful herbs to heal all kinds of diseases such as. Herpes, HIV,,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer, Diabetes, Hepatitis,Hpv,Weak ErectionLyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroqquinolone Toxicity,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,Dementia.,Wart Remover,Cold Sore, Epilepsy, also his herbal boost immune system as well. I'm telling this because he uses his herbal medicine to cure me from hepatitis B and HIV, which I have been living on for 9 months now with no side effects. Herbal Medicine is just as good when drinking it although i have to use the restroom after drinking it which I don't really care about because i just want to get the virus out of my body, I will recommend Dr Itua to anyone sick out here to contact Dr Itua with this following information.Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com  /  
    Whatsapp Or Call...+2348149277967.
    He might be late to respond because he is always busy with patents, but he will surely get back to you with a positive response.

    ReplyDelete