Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cancer and Steve Jobs

I was heartbroken to hear that Steve died earlier today.  Even though I don't know him personally, have ever met him or even seen him in person, I still grieve. And am scared all over again.

My husband summed it up perfectly about a half hour ago. "Even with all that money, even he couldn't beat cancer."  I couldn't have said it better.  You see, cancer does not care who you are. A teacher, a bum or the most highly recognized CEO in the world.  Yes, money helps provide early detection and more treatment but sometimes the beast is just too much. No matter who you are.

On another note, it's a little more personal.  I have a good friend who has "Steve Jobs cancer" herself.  She was diagnosed several years ago and has two young children.  The first thing I did when I heard was to send her a text message asking, "So how are your cancer neurosis doing right now?"  This news hit me hard but I cannot even imagine how she is feeling.  Even though she is winning the battle, you know she has to wonder if she will continue to win or is she just a few years behind him.  I wish I could do more for her than offer support and grieve with her.  So, I did what I could. I reminded her she has my support and it's ok to be a neurotic fool after this news.  I understand in my way and I hope she understands in her way.

I am a huge Apple fan and have been for years.  I became a Steve Jobs fan when he went public with his battle.  RIP Steve, you fought until the end.  Go help God sync his iPad and his Mac. That way he can keep track of all of us warriors still left down here on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment