Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ending 2011

This was the year that I was diagnosed with melanoma.  I guess I should be happy it's over, but I'm actually not.  I don't think 2012 will be significantly different.  I'll still be a melanoma warrior fighting the good fight.  The calendar does not change that.  As always, I do have hopes for the new year.  Melanoma has just shaped those this time.  On the other hand, melanoma has made me such much more grateful for what I have than at the end of any other year.

I don't know what 2012 will bring.  I can dream that fewer people will be told they have this ugly disease. I can dream that more people will win their battle over it.  And I can dream that I keep winning my battle.

Happy 2012 to all my fellow Melanoma Warriors.

No comments:

Post a Comment