Thursday, December 22, 2011

Another round of biopsies

I know I've been gone a while.  Life happens.  And my 3 month parole was over.  Yesterday I had my latest set of biopsies.  One on my left side burn (weird to hear that as a girl) and three on my left shoulder area.  I have 3 wounds since two moles were close enough together to combine them as one closure.  Again, I opted to have my sites stitches closed. I also had her look at my original site because two areas have bubbled up and become quite painful in the last 3 weeks since I saw her.  She thinks it is the scar tissue not doing well, so she's prescribed a special tape for me to use and see if it helps. If not, she'll use shots to fix it and if those fail, she will re-open/re-close the wound again.  I'm really hoping the tape works because the thought of having that area worked on again, even a single shot, is not my idea of a good time.

If you are squeemish, skip this paragraph.  I will tell you that having your face cut into is unlike any other.  Yes, my skin was numb. I could feel the usual pressure of her tugging, manipulating, whatever.  But I could hear her cutting my flesh. Oh My God! What an awful thing.  The area of the biopsy is right in front of my ear so the bone transmitted the sound oh so well.  Eww and double eww.  I don't ever wish to experience/hear that again.  I kept hearing that sound in my head last night as I couldn't sleep due to pain and a sick kid. (Great timing for that, of course)

I don't expect the doctor to call me with results.  #1 The labs are probably closed on Friday and my doctor is, and #2 I have decided to adopt the "no news is good news" philosophy for this round.  Yes, I expect 50% to be dysplastic and 50% benign. She'll let me know if it's anything else.

I also saw my primary doctor yesterday for a semi-regular lymph node squishing, as I call it.  He thinks nothing is swollen but I still worry since cancer can be there without swelling.  That's my next battle with the insurance company.

No comments:

Post a Comment