Thursday, August 18, 2011

More pictures


I'm overdue to post pictures. Again, a warning about grossness. It doesn't bug me, I'm way over the scars, but some it might bother some.



I show it because this is really what melanoma is all about....


This was my back two weeks after the open biopsies. The original site scar is healing nicely and only spreading a little, as I hoped. It took two weeks for the other sites to finally fight the infection and look nice and pink like this with new skin forming. The halo around the biopsy sites is from the adhesive of bandages being changed daily. Even the gentlest paper tape causes these new wounds. It is healing too. Wow, do I itch now though.

This is my forearm before.

And after. I much prefer this closed biopsy wound. It is so much easier to treat and recover from. The worst of it is the skin adapting to stretching to cover the now missing section. It took 4 days and I could easily straighten my arm to normal use. I get the stitches out tomorrow.

Off to two more biopsies on my back this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment